Throughout the last three years, Wasla developed strong connections with some of the performing arts festivals, especially in the Balkan Area and the Gulf region. We support numerous theatre troupes, helping them access the festivals and perform internationally.
Currently, Wasla is involved in supporting 3 theatre plays in their access to international performing arts festivals:
- What the Hell Am I Doing Here
The performance was performed during the National Theater Festival in Cairo (Aug 2022), Kenya International Theater Festival (Nov 2022) and is scheduled to be performed within the Arab Institute for Theatre in Morocco (Jan 2022) and the Enky Performing Art Festival in Bahrain (Jan 2023).
- The Kitchen – directed by Mohamed Adel
- Antigone Law – directed by Dina Amin
- In Wasla, we open more opportunities for artists, we are working on designing programs for corporates and different NGOs through art.
- Our first experience in this sector was with Nahdet El Mahrousa (Apr 2022), as we designed a programme for emerging theater troupes in “stage management and production, voice training, movement.”
Nahdet El Mahrousa Is An NGO, supports social entrepreneurs to develop/build successful and scalable social enterprises by providing an ecosystem enabling social innovation, incubation services, and seed funding.